(Suitable for Key Stages 1 & 2)
SPLATT Theatre’s storytelling performances are tailor-made for your school and we can focus on specific themes and events to achieve this. SPLATT Theatre loves bringing historical figures to life through enactments and equally enjoys delving into the shoes of characters from children’s books. We also offer theatrical and creative workshops to complement the experience. Our storytelling & Mini performances are perfect for World Book Week, Storytelling Week, Library Openings, and celebrations.
Themes we can cover
- Oceans and Seas
- Fairy Tales
- Heroes and Villains
- Viking Legends
- Ancient Egyptian Myths
- Australian Aboriginal Dreamtime stories
- Animal tales
(We are constantly creating new performances and if you believe there is a topic which we should be covering that you can’t find on here we would love to hear from you.)
What these experiences involve;
- Content that has been designed and written by SPLATT Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through literacy, drama, speaking & listening, geography/history and SMSC.
- Professionally trained actors and storytellers.
- A storytelling session or mini performance of your choice which compliments your curriculum or themed learning.
- A Drama workshop which develops your children’s speaking and listening. Your children will learn through engagement in creating physical landscapes, soundscapes, chants and rhymes. They will be encouraged to explore the plot and characters from the story physically and emotionally and re-create the story in their own words.
These are some of the benefits our Storytelling and Mini Performances can achieve for your children;
- Enriches vocabulary
- Develops speaking and listening through Drama & Theatre
- Promotes tolerance & empathy of other cultures & viewpoints
- Creates a culturally enriching environment
- Inspiration for their own creative expression and development
- Develops self confidence
- Promotes cooperation and collaboration
- Helps concentration
- Assists in the engagement of imaginative & possibility thinking
Splatt Theatre will come directly to your school and all we will require is access to a school Hall/library or classroom depending on the number of children you would like to participate in the experience.
Half or Full day Experiences can be offered
Prices start from £120