Stone Age Hunters/Gatherers Immersive Theatre Performance
(Suitable for Key Stage 2)
Dr Dorothy Garrod a renowned archaeologist will visit your school and talk to your children about a recent stone age burial site she has been excavating. The only trouble is a time travelling, stone age hunter-gatherer appears and starts causing mischief.
What the experience includes
- Content that has been designed and written by SPLATT Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through literacy, drama, speaking & listening, geography/history and SMSC.
- Two professionally trained actors will attend your school and remain in character for the duration the performance.
- Children will get the opportunity to explore being archaeologists themselves as they excavate artifacts from stone age Britain.
- The children will meet with a mischievous stone age hunter-gatherer who will introduce your children to life in stone age Britain.
- Interactive Storytelling – By learning about ancient burial practices, your children will uncover an ancient story from Stone Age Britain. They will follow the story of Toorak a renowned hunter from the Wolf Clan and the plight of a Swan Maiden.
These are some of the benefits our Stone Age Hunters & Gatherers experience hopes to achieve for your children…
- Develops Speaking and Listening through Drama & Theatre
- An empathy & tolerance of other cultures & viewpoints
- Creates for them a culturally enriching environment
- Inspiration for their own creative expression and development
- Encourage tolerance & Empathy
- Promotes growth of their self confidence
- Boosts their ability to work cooperatively
- Helps with concentration
- Assist in the engagement of imaginative & possibility thinking
Splatt Theatre will come directly to your school and all we will require is access to a school hall/library or a room of a similar size, however we will do our upmost to work around the space you have.
Prices start from £200