Key Stage 1 & 2
Splatt Theatre invites your children to travel back in time to ‘Victorian School’ Here your children will get to experience the day in the life of a Victorian school child.
What the experience includes:
- Content that has been designed and written by SPLATT Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through literacy, drama, speaking & listening, geography/history and SMSC.
- One professionally trained actor will remain in character for the entirety of the workshop as a Victorian School teacher.
- The children will learn about the rules, punishments and values upheld in a Victorian school. ·
- A lesson in elocution and deportment.
- A Victorian drill session.
- Interactive Storytelling – Using traditional stories that are set in the Victorian era children will learn about Queen Victoria as a child, her marriage to Prince Albert and the child labour.
These are some of the benefits our Victorian School experience hopes to achieve for your children…
- Develops Speaking and Listening skills
- Creates for them a culturally enriching environment
- Inspiration for their own creative expression and development
- Encourage tolerance & Empathy
- Promotes growth of their self confidence
- Boost their ability to work cooperatively
- Helps with concentration
- Assists in the engagement of imaginative & possibility thinking
- An emotional outlet
SPLATT Theatre will come directly to your school and all we will require access to is a school hall/library or a room of a similar size, however we will do our upmost to work around the space you have.
Prices start from £150