(Suitable for Key Stage 1 & 2)
Through theatre, immersion, dance, and storytelling your children will take a journey of discovery to the Amazonian Rainforest.
What the experience includes;
- Content that has been designed and written by SPLATT Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through literacy, drama, speaking & listening, geography and SMSC.
- Three professionally trained actors who will immerse your children in a highly interactive performance and Theatre workshop.
- A Rainforest Courtroom Drama – Here your children will put on trial of a defendant who has been accused of illegal logging in the Rainforest. Your children will also get the opportunity to meet with Rainforest animals who are eyewitnesses in the trial. It will then be the children’s role to cross examine the evidence and statements presented before sentencing the defendant.
- A tribal Pow Wow dance off – Every year, tribes of the Amazon meet and compete against each other in a rainforest dance off. The children will be taught rainforest dance moves and compete against each other to win the title of ‘Dance Tribe of the Year.’
- Interactive storytelling – The story has been created specifically for this event and introduces the children to tribal life and the spiritual beliefs and culture of tribespeople. The story explores the tragic demise of the rainforest and its people. It follows the journey of a young girl who sets out to save the Rainforest from being destroyed.
These are some of the benefits our Rainforest experience can achieve for your children…
- Develops speaking and listening through drama, theatre and a multi-sensory experience.
- Promotes a tolerance & empathy of other cultures & viewpoints
- Creates a culturally enriching environment
- Inspiration for children’s own creative expression and development
- Develops self-confidence
- Promotes cooperation and collaboration
- Helps concentration
- Assists in the engagement of imaginative & possibility thinking
- Enhances Literary knowledge and skills
SPLATT Theatre will come directly to your school and all we will require access to is a school hall/library or a room of a similar size, however we will do our upmost to work around the space you have.
Prices start from £250